Thursday, July 2, 2009

La Roux....how British music is able to deliver again




La Roux (pronounced /ˌləˈruː/) are a British electropop synth duo band made up of singer and synth player Elly Jackson, and co-writer and co-producer Ben Langmaid, with Jackson describing their respective roles as "very much a half and half sharing situation... not like a singer producer outfit", but also recognising that it often can "look like a solo act".Their music is influenced by 1980s synth pop including Human League, Heaven 17, Blancmange and Yazoo
Self titled album was released like 3days ago and I've to say it's so much better than what i expected from an electropop group because for me electropop artists usually have good singles but fail to produce good albums to back it up or prolly jus cause I'm not that into electro,but La Roux is really good I would give it atleast 4 out of 5.
I love Elly Jackson's look too she's like my new female music icon,I just love these british people.

No comments: