Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Movie:Shutter Island,brain stimulating...very

I would give this show a 7.5/10
I cant say I love the entire show some part of it got a little bit exhausting to get through cause the film itself is quite long a little over 2hours if im not wrong.But it had enough suspense in it to kept me going, entire movie you have all these questions in your head and as it goes on the questions seems to get more and more complicated till a point where the answer is given to the question and still then you wouldnt know whether the answer given is the truth or isit just a set up for the character. (it's a psycho thriller)

Best thing about this movie has to be it's ending,it is very ambiguous or maybe just that the whole psycho aspect of it creates alot of doubt in my head even though the ending might just be it as what it's shown and said to be but I thought it was otherwise,I think there's a conspiracy in the ending (It shows how easy it is for us to take the false as fact and the truth as false,our ability to evaluate is certainly limited). It's always great to have a story where you can have your own interpretation about it instead of it telling you what it is about. It is always good to think, and it was definitely a very brain stimulating movie. You've done it again Mr.Scorsese,talking about Scorsese now I need to watch "Gangs of New York".

1 comment:

JewelLing said...

Watched it yesterday. Totally made me go bonkers and then The Truth.