Saturday, January 30, 2010

Films:Elegy...I surprisingly really love this movie

I'm not really good at writing reviews cause of my lack of mastery of the language of english perhaps but if I've to describe in 1 word about this movie.I would say "Emotions",honestly I downloaded this movie just because Penelope Cruz starred in it,im a big fan Im kind of on a Penelope Cruz movie marathon lately and it is such a bonus that Penelope Cruz isnt the most beautiful thing about this movie.The emotions here are so strong,the love,the loss of love,love of friendship and the love of someone you can't have the sadness and the solemnity that the movie exudes,it just struck it straight to my brain.Alot of movie try to be emotional but some if not most end up being too boring,too unrealistic,too hard for audiences to relate to and etc etc.This movie just did it perfectly,it really made me think about how I would feel if I was in the position of Kingsley's character.How would I feel if I love someone so much but it's someone that I supposedly can't end up forever and happily ever after with,maybe this plot works because I don't know if we all are but I'm certainly so used to that feeling.That feeling,and that sadness in life ought to happen I think atleast once to most people.True love,true love still exist and it overpowers lust.Not a common theme in our modern society now but I do really believe in truly love,lust is just a desire and I believe love is an emotion so strong that it deserves a recognition of itself.Love is love,there needs no explanation to it or neither does it affiliate with any other sorts of emotions.This movie really made me feel,the emotions,like how movies are supposed to make their audiences feel.Feel being in the shoes,of the characters in it.

And I'm listening to some Beethoven after this movie,so this got to be emotional cause I don't listen to classical unless I intend to feel really emotional.This is more like music appreciation,I guess I wouldnt divert from the appreciation of this wonderful movie.

No comments: